I went from caring too much to not caring enough... I'm on autopilot at my current job. I work in property management. There are good days and bad days depending on what is going wrong, what the client is bitching about, or the fact that I have to call for collections. This is typical, and I have accepted that whole package. What makes me really upset is the way our company owner treats us. We are underappreciated. Because the company is not doing as well as it could, no one has gotten a raise in the past three years. It hurt so much when I only got a 3% increase from a receptionist's position to be "promoted" to this current job. I proved myself to be a worthy asset to the company last summer when I managed to maintain my job duties and a manager's work load when she went on maternity leave. I'm not sure how she is still employed with the company; she has fucked up so much. Half of her portfolio was given to me after she came back because the clients hated her so much. There is so much more, but that will definitely be a separate topic on her later.
Life is falling into place where I will be moving out of the city. Because the job market sucks, I will have to commute to my current job until I can find something decent near the area I will be living. It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere, but my boyfriend has a house. I will be saving money by not paying rent. I need to dig myself out of the hole of debt I have accumulated while struggling to keep afloat in the past three years. I've been in the city for a decade now. I can't believe it's time to say goodbye.
No comments:
Post a Comment