
Everything from November to December was a blur. SGNC turned 30, and we celebrated with a steamboat cruise down the river. Then Thanksgiving came around; we gathered with his family to give thanks and chow down on some delicious food. I'm still bitter that I only got one modest plate of food. (Well, I wasn't going to be the only getting seconds if no one else did... ) It was nice to finally get a feeling of "family." My parents don't live near any relatives, and they all have distanced themselves emotionally from each other so I never knew what it was like to have extended family. Shortly after, SGNC and I celebrated our first year anniversary. A year flew by... it seems like I've known him much longer. We also discovered that we have the same type of personality (ENTP) according to the Myers-Briggs test. :-) 427 days thus far... still not one "fight." Christmas was just as nice as Thanksgiving, but a smaller group was there. We exchanged presents, and I was shocked that his parents gave me so many things. I love everything I received: blender, umbrella, large sugar cookie candle, cake decorating tip master set, and cupcake ornament! I told SGNC to combine my Xmas/birthday present for later this month; I'm so curious about what he is getting for me!
I started jiu jitsu in November and took a break last month. I'm starting back up next week. I need to be more active and start the weight loss journey again. I am in a wedding in early April, and I really need to get my dress, too. I'm so behind on everything.
I am also on the quest for a new job and new place to live. I love this city, but my heart just isn't here anymore.
Next blog entry: "Why I hate my job" and "I fear weddings."
No comments:
Post a Comment